Saturday, August 23, 2008

Gettin' ready for SSWC08...

Welp, looks like I'm going to head over the hill to partake in the festivities that are the Single Speed World Championships tomorrow. No, not racing, viewing. I don't think I could actually ride a single-speed off-road with all the pulling on the bars that is needed with my rotator cuff in the condition it's in right now (it probably has about 25% of the range of motion of my good arm). But I can lift 12 ouncers and pints and even 22 ouncers! My friend from down south, Gordon, stopped by the shop yesterday and convinced me to close shop for a day and head over to Napa. It was good to hang out at the shop with him and his friend, drink a few beers...Finally got to actually enjoy the couches I have at the shop.

It will also give me a chance to see this Soulcraft in action that I built up a few days ago - cutting it a little close for a race. George brought this by after deciding he wasn't sure if smacking the King headset into the frame with a 2x4 and hammer was a good idea. Trust me, George, you did the right thing bringing it to me because I also got to cut out a good foot from the hydraulic hoses and dial it in for you.





More photos from the race here.

(What's playing: Cat Power The Greatest)